Friday, May 2, 2008

37 weeks - Full term

Full term - yikes! He could, technically, come any day now. Most first-time moms go a little late though so I'm pretty sure we've got a few weeks left.

I don't know why this strikes me as so funny but we've ordered this pool from a home birth supply company. It just seems funny to think of delivering a baby among brightly-colored fishies. I'm not entirely sure that I'll even want to deliver Colby in the pool but it was only $30 and we were ordering some other stuff from the company at the same time so I figured what-the-heck. Our midwife has a sump pump that we can borrow so the plan is to just set this up right in our living room. I was somewhat reassured by the fact that our midwife said this is the exact same pool that she delivered her daughter in and that she was very happy with it.
It came with a little net - the kind you use to take dead fish out of the aquarium - for "light debris"... I don't think I want to know what "light debris" is. Ahh, this should be exciting.

No comments: