Monday, May 19, 2008

39w 3d and waiting

Well, I'm finally starting to get restless. Until just a few days ago, I was totally happy to have Colby right where he is. I really like being pregnant. I've had a really easy pregnancy and I know that I'm going to miss this experience when it is over.

A friend of ours is due any day now also and she said something that I liked - "This is the easiest part of parenting - I know exactly where he is and that all of his needs are being met" any of our inconveniences (feeling like I have to pee all the time!) are nothing compared to once he's on the outside.

Talking about being pregnant is so weird because the bad parts are so easy to describe in absolutely excruciating detail. Nausea, heartburn, constant pressure on the bladder, etc., etc. - I can say those things and everyone else knows more-or-less what that feels like. Watching my body build a human out of nothing more than the food that I eat and a set of blueprints too small to see under most microscopes - now that is crazy. There just aren't any words to describe that.

So, we're ready Colby, hurry up. I'll miss being pregnant but now I think we're ready to jump into the next step.

No exciting symptoms to report though - I hope I don't go way past my due date.

No comments: