Friday, May 30, 2008

41 weeks - STILL waiting

Well, 7 days past due and nothing going on.

The midwife didn't do a pelvic exam at the last appointment - she's said in the past that they can just be frustrating and misleading anyway because I could be 3 cm dilated for 2 weeks or I could be totally not dilated and still end up going into labor the next day anyway.

In some ways the time has been nice because E and I finished all of the work that we had hoped to get done on the house and got work-stuff really organized. Now, it seems like we work for about 2-3 hours per day and finish everything. Now that we don't feel obligated to work on the house, the rest of the day is just "free time". How is it that life seemed so hectic before? I'm sure we'll still have our busy days. Obviously once Colby is born things will be a lot crazier but I love it that E and I run our own business from home and spend all day together - hence, we both sort of get to be stay-at-home-moms.

We have been going out on really long walks every evening though to try to work the little-guy down a bit. We don't really set a time or route but we seem to be walking for about 2 hours every day. There is a huge cemetary near our house and the view from the top of the hill is wonderful. There is also a huge maze of snowmobile trails behind the cemetary that seem to go forever in every direction. It is fun to talk about bringing Colby to these places when he gets older - the HUGE rock that we climb on, the fire-circle with the incredible view of the mountains, and the best places to spot large families of deer.

I don't know why but I really wanted Colby to be a MAY baby, not a JUNE baby. I'm trying to get over that though because it doesn't really look likely. Why is it that May and June just seem to have such different "moods" to them?

I keep reading all these articles online that say that the AVERAGE first-time mom will go 8 days past her due date. Why even bother with the other due date then? This would have been a lot easier if I'd just been counting down to tomorrow as my "due date" instead of 7 days ago.

No comments: