Monday, June 9, 2008

Wrapping up



Life is great - we're really having fun and enjoying each new day with our little guy.

Breastfeeding is going smoothly. Colby was back up to his birth weight by 6 days old.

He looks so old to me now. I know that sounds crazy but in 9 days, he has gone from being a baby to a little human.

Erin has adjusted beautifully to parenthood. She volunteers to get up for 3am diaper changes (even the really messy ones) and I often catch her just gazing into our son's eyes.

Link to more photos.

So, now for goodbyes - Erin has never been entirely comfortable with the level of detail that I go into on this blog. I had told her that blogs were incredibly important to me when I was researching this whole process and now I felt like I had to contribute something too. She was pretty ok with that. Now that Colby is here though, Erin brought the blog up again - She asked if Colby's whole life is going to be like a tacky reality-TV series on the internet. I love blogs and I love reading the updates about other people's kids but the lesbian-baby-making process was what I had really set out to capture. Now that we have our little guy, I need to respect my wife's wishes and the privacy of our son. So, this will be my final post. Maybe someday I'll start a new blog about politics or knitting or something (I don't even knit!) but the baby-making story is over... at least it has a very happy ending.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Totally understandable.

Luckily, all I have to do is walk next door to get the update :-)

Great work with this, Linds. You've added something special to the Internet's archive.